Monday, April 02, 2007

Okay, This is Weirding Me Out!

Senator Clinton raised about $26 million for her campaign so far. Okay. I actually expected that.

I did not expect that Romney would come close to that, nevermind outdistance his rivals in the GOP as much as he did.

That's weirding me out. I just rather surprised that the GOP's base is embracing, well, a Mormon. Don't get me wrong: I have far less problems with mormonism than other religions here in America. In fact, I have less issue with them than the Fundie-Bunch. I was, I suppose, rather lucky with the group of mormons I grew up with and that they were not fundies...then again, I also had grown up in a place that was not exactly normal no matter how you look at it.

It's just that, uh, the Fundies would embrace, well, him?

This could be an oddball election.

UPDATE from CNN:

The List

Democrats

  • Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-New York, $26 million
  • Former Sen. John Edwards, D-North Carolina, $14 million
  • New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson, $6 million
  • Sen. Chris Dodd of Connecticut, $4 million
  • Sen. Joe Biden of Delaware, $1-2 million

    Republicans

  • Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, $21 million
  • Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, $14 million
  • Arizona Sen. John McCain, $12.5 million
  • Kansas Sen. Sam Brownback, $1.3 million
  • Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee, $500,000

    Note: Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, has yet to release his fundraising totals.

  • 2 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    The base is not supporting Romney. Dr. Dobson has expressed support for the potential candidacy of former Senator Fred Thompson. Just what we need, another republican actor for president.

    Will Baird said...

    that's just it. The money says they're embracing him as much almost as much as the Democratic base is Clinton.